Qualifications for Renting a Home
- Timely payments
- No property damage
- No evictions filed against you in the last 2 years
You must have decent credit and good income if you don’t have rental history. A co-signer may be required in some cases.
FORECLOSURE: If you are a home owner and are going through foreclosure or a short-sale, we will still consider your application, however, you must have positive factors:
- Reliable income above the minimum required
- Good credit prior to experiencing difficulties with your mortgage
BANKRUPTCIES: We will consider people with discharged bankruptcies or currently in Chapter 13 bankruptcy, if you have been able to make timely payments on your bankruptcy plan for at least 2 years.Applicants with a history of filing multiple bankruptcies will generally not be approved.
CREDIT: We will consider applicants with less than perfect credit as long as there are other positive factors such as:
- Income that is verifiable and stable
- Good rental history
- Credit account in good standing